[mgj-discuss] Scenario notes 4/5
catherinebenedict at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 05:31:55 GMT 2005
SCENARIO NOTES - 4/5/05
APRIL 15 - ACTION AT TREASURY
-Njoki from 50 Years as MC for speakers - confirmed
-Lidy Nacpil from the Philippins - confirmed
-Jonah Gokovah from Zimbabwe - confirmed
-someone from religious community
-someone from Student Global AIDS Campaign - Roxanne is asking
-someone from Jubilee - confirmed
-someone from Africa Action - confirmed
-someone from MGJ will be MC
-no changes made to street theater
The mini working group (Morrigan, Basav, Soren, Keith) will work out details
of speaker/street theater schedule. MGJ will work out street theater
We have a permit for Pennsylvania across from Treasury.
Marie will ask the Sisters of Mercy about using their sound system.
Morrigan will check with the Guerilla Poetry Insurgency
Tia will check with the Washington Peace Center
Soren will check with DAWN
Africa Action, 50 Years and Jubilee have signs they can bring.
Hope made a flier. African Action will make 500 copies (1000 fliers total)
to hand out at the action. Jubilee can also make copies.
Advisory out by Monday 4/11 (Debi & Soren)
Press packets - get materials to Jubilee by end of the day Wed. 4/13. Email
them to debi at jubileeusa.org
Each group puts out its own press release.
Debi, Soren and Ann Louise will coordinate press calls - anyone can help.
LIST OF NEEDS what we need to accomplish by April 15, 16, & 17::
1) legal office & hotline - Tia, Kendra
2) comms network - Morrigan
3) ask to medics need their phone numbers/contact info & whether or not
they are planning on acting as medics during march - Catherine
4) set-up/clean-up folks (esp. clean up folks & scenario) - several groups
5) transport for props - Edmund, Keith (Jon will talk to Julia and Mike
6) meet with police (what the security situation is going to be on the 16th
need to know what car access to Murrow will be) - Tia, Morrigan
7) convergence/welcome center (morrigan to ask "her" church) - logistics
8) spokes meetings (week of) schedule & facilitators - Morrigan, Jon, Hope
9) talk to zach wolfe r:: legal observers - Tia
10) sign-up/shift sheet for legal office:: 1 for office workers, 1 for
on-call lawyers, 1 for on-call mgjers make an actual, physical sign-up
sheet - Tia
11) welcome packets - Outreach
ý affinity group forms
ý know your rights/hotline
ý map of march route
ý calendar of events
ý info/fact sheets
ý metro map
12) keith needs to talk to marc anderson time/convergence
location/transportation issues - Keith
13) action hobbits/elves (aka marshals) - several groups (see below)
14) schedule for each organizer what are we reponsible for and what times
- Tia - Murrow; Morrigan and/or Catherine - Dupont
15) contact info of all speakers so we can tell them to be on message - see
16) sound & stage system Catherine: sound. Zach: stage.
17) press conference speakers - media/messaging
18) specific housing for RMO, puppetistas - Keith, Jon
19) scenarios for street theater for a15 & a16 - Morrigan, Basav, Keith,
20) keep pluggin on website - Catherine, Peter
21) media tent & coordination w/ sound - Catherine, Morrigan
22) someone to hang and watch out for our art and prop stuff at Dupont
(Midge?) - Basav
23) supplies for puppetistas cardboard, box cutters, paint, glue, cloth,
paint brushes, staple gun - Tia + who?
24) people w/ cameras, sound, willing to post on indymedia with a good
article someone needs to write an article. - media/messaging can write the
article; Hope will bring a digital camera
25) Schedule a debrief & party - Fundraising
APRIL 16 - ACTION AT IMF/WB, MARCH AND DUPONT RALLY
GROUPS TO ASK FOR HELP WITH NEEDS
DAWN - help set up Dupont & watch our stuff; puppet factory - Basav
Georgetown students - general ask - Basav
AU students - Murrow clean up, puppet factory - Jon & Hope
AU law students - legal help - Basav
Bankbusters - clean up Dupont - Basav
Guerilla Poets - puppet factory, chants for march - Laurie
Students Global AIDS Campaign - puppet factory, other stuff - Larissa
Jubilee grassroots groups - will help with setup and clean up - Morrigan
Hope will put together master list of people needs. Be sure to get emails
and cell #s for volunteers.
ACTION MEETINGS - all at St. Stephens
A13 General meeting 7:00-9:00pm - Tia and Lia
A14 Action meeting 7:00-9:00pm - Hope and ???
A15 Action meeting 9:00-11:00pm - Morrigan and Jon (or others???)
Agendas will be set up ahead of time. Morrigan will try to find additional
CONTACT INFO/MESSAGING FOR SPEAKERS
Vineeta - Basav (remind her to tell Indymedia to check in at media tent)
Vanessa - Basav
DAWN - Basav & Soren
Reverend Haggler - Tia
SUPPLIES FOR PUPPETISTAS
Jon, Edmund and Keith to collect stuff from Jill Blankespoor
Jon will talk to Nadine
Some of the puppetistas want traveling money ($250-300). We can't promise a
certain amount but will pass the hat and give what we can.
We can't mess up the floor at the puppet factory - need plastic dropcloths.
We might add a second Global South speaker. Hope will talk to 50 Years.
Dupont setup: Basav, Catherine, Keith, Hope, Larissa, Chelsea, Jon, Lia
Grafitti board, Tax the Bank, Red Rover, Maryknoll crosses, MGJ table
Hope will ask Soren & Njoki to drop off Maryknoll crosses
(note: the power for the sound system is in the southeast side of the circle
so the stage can face Connecticut Ave heading south - toward Krispy Kreme)
Murrow setup: Basav, Catherine, Keith, Hope, Larissa, Chelsea, Jon, Lia
Stage: Zach + how many?
Sound: Catherine, Adam + 2 more
Puppets, theater props, MGJ banner, march props, signs, media tent
We have all permits. We have all of Dupont Circle, including marching in
The closest a vehicle can get to Murrow is 17th & I. There will be
pedestrian access to Murrow at 18th & I.
Chelsea will make sign-up sheet for puppet factory and will write a call for
Will have one at puppet factory Mon - Fri. Working on one for Sat.
More information about the mgj-discuss