[mgj-discuss] MGJ meeting minutes 8/15/2007
basav at igc.org
Thu Aug 23 19:40:44 PDT 2007
Apologies for not getting these out sooner.
MGJ Meeting Minutes
A. Jobs with Justice endorsement for October mobilization
MGJ is one of few organizations that is both in the October Rebellion coalition and is actively involved in DC Jobs with Justice. So we’re taking the initiative to propose to DC Jobs with Justice to formally endorse the October mobilization.
The process entails MGJ filling out the DC JwJ support request form, attach any required materials, and submit it for consideration to the next DC JwJ steering committee meeting on September 20.
1. Nicole and Basav to work with Mackenzie to fill form etc.
2. We will request the following:
• Announcement/Sign-up sheet to recruit volunteers: DC JwJ will circulate an announcement and sign-up sheet for specific tasks needed for the action (such as mailing parties, wheatpasting nights, tabling etc.) at DC JwJ meetings or events.
• Endorsement/(Co-)Sponsorship: DC JwJ will endorse the actions..
• Organizational turnout: DC Jobs with Justice will turn out representatives from its member organizations to attend the teach-in and actions.
• Full mobilization turnout: DC JwJ will give the mobilization effort use of the DC JwJ list to conduct phone banks and/or send out email or US mail notices. (Note that requesting organization is responsible for coordinating phone banks and mailings.)
B. Fundraising and finances
1. Currently, Morrigan and Nicole are check-writers, and Morrigan has the checkbook. Since she’s leaving town for a few weeks, Nicole will take over the checkbook.
2. MGJ has consensed to dedicate to the October mobilization effort all funds left after:
(a) Everyone who has submitted receipts already get paid. (Basav is owed about $400, Nicole is owed $177.12.)
(b) The voicemail box is paid for ($84).
(c) Minimum balance (if any) is maintained. (We’re unsure of whether we need to maintain a minimum balance to avoid paying monthly fees.)
3. Selling bicycle on Craig’s list to raise funds – Oscar to help with description/valuation.
C. Next meeting:
Wednesday September 5, 7 pm. Tentatively in the Petworth Public Library.
More information about the mgj-discuss