[mgj-discuss] MGJ Meeting Notes. 3/21
ruthcastelbranco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:28:55 PST 2007
We met, we talked, this is what we said.
Present: Basav, Nicole, Oscar, Kyle, Luke and Ruth
April IMF-WB Meetings
- April 12: Press stunt: sarcastic press alert on IMF paper, in
anticipation of tax day around IMF imposition of VAT, followed by real
press release on April 12. There will be a press conference in front of the
IMF building. Basav will contact Guerilla Poets to see if we can use
their sound system. Nicole will contact Nadine about using the big devil.
Basav and Ruth will draft a release.
- April 13: Night of Debauchery: visit Wolfowitz's house on Friday,
13th. @ 7:00pm
- April 14: Educational event, co-organized by Friends of the Congo,
relating predatory lending to odious debt. Basav will talk to Jane
English to invite her. Ruth will make a flier. Basav will contact Plymouth
Congregational Church, Empower DC, DC-Jw/J, NGO folks; Ruth will contact One
DC, Witness for Peace, Africa Action, Mejicanos sin Fronteras, African
Refugee Network, NISGUA); Oscar will contact: Franklin Shelter, Save Our
Schools, Grey Panthers; Nicole will contact TWU and TENAC. Kyle will do
outreach to American U. Students.
- Nicole will make a calendar of events.
United States Social Forum
- There is a DC Metro Social Forum organizing group. If you're
interested in plugging into this imense organizational effort, our next
meeting will be April 5th, 102 Park Ave (across from the cafe) at
- As the DC Social Forum we will be submitting 4 workshop proposals.
- 4 working groups have been set up: program, outreach, fundraising
and logistics and each meets outside of the regular meetings. If you'd like
more information,email Ruth Castel-Branco at ruth at 50years.org
- The deadline for workshop submissions is April 27th.To submit a
workshop you must be registered as an organizations. There is a
sliding-scale organizational fee of $125-300 and an individual fee of
$15-100. Please note that the average cost per person of organizing the
forum is $90, and that registration is key to making this forum happen.
May Day National Day of Action
- What is being organized for the May Day National Day of Action here
in DC? Ruth will contact Mejicanos Sin Fronteras.
G8 June Meetings
- The G8 June meetings will take place in Germany this year.
- European youth will be touring the US to talk about the G8. They
will be presenting at the infoshop on April 4 @ 7:00pm.
- Empower DC is interested in collaborating with MGJ to target
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mgj-discuss