[Mintwood-place] Tragic fire
jim at grahamwone.com
Sun Mar 19 14:30:59 PST 2006
Sadly I must inform you that there was a tragic fire that took the life of
one of our residents late last night. The information I have is as follows:
Jose Mejia Tobillas died from smoke inhalation in his apartment at 3620 16th
Street NW, reportedly as a result of a toaster oven. He was 29 years of age,
and was a recent immigrant from El Salvador, where he has several children.
We have gone to the scene, and have spoken to his relations. We have offered
the assistance of my office at this tragic time. There is an uncle and a
cousin who we will be talking to again tomorrow.
Our sympathies go to those who knew Sr. Mejia.
Sincerely, Councilmember Jim Graham
I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after
that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is
a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me.
Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC
20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).
Chairman, Committee on Consumer and Regulatory Affairs. Main Committee
Number: 202-724-8198. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #112, Washington, DC 20004.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mintwood-place