[Wpfw-lsb] Possible Solution

Luzette King luzette_king at justice.com
Sun May 16 10:11:51 PDT 2004

To ensure that this matter does not become an issue of
testing memory and informal bandied about statements I
would like to add to Sarah's motion....

"That the 3/16 meeting of the committee of the
whole not be counted as a formal LSB meeting, and that
ALL absences from that meeting be expunged."

which will now read as the following:

"That the 3/16 meeting of the committee of the whole
not be counted as a regular formal LSB meeting, and
that ALL absences from that meeting be expunged; and to
avoid oversight of any inaccuracy of the attendance
record, the minutes must include the names of members
present and absent without or without excuse. In
addition, there will be a set agenda item headed
Regrets For Absence."

Luzette

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:27:56 +0000, "Sarah Bittle"
wrote:

> To All,
>     I would like very much to come to a resolution to
> this matter that is
> satisfactory to all.  Luzette has asked how I intend
> deal with this at
> the next meeting.  Here is my suggeston.  It was
> informally bandied about
> that since the 3/16 meeting was a meeting of the
> committee of the whole, it
> was not an official meeting.  However, this was never
> made definite.  So, I
> would submit in the form of a motion at the next
> meeting;
>     "That the 3/16 meeting of the committee of the
> whole not be counted as a
> formal LSB meeting, and that ALL absences from that
> meeting be expunged."
> (So this would count not only for Luzette, but for all
> others absent from
> this meeting as well.)
>      This is, I believe, the only possible solution by
> which all may
> benefit.  I cannot change the records until the next
> meeting.  That has been
> my position from the start.  However, if the board
> approves this motion at
> the 6/9 meeting, then we will have dealt with this
> matter.  I also hope
> there will not be too much debate on this--and that we
> can pass it swiftly.
>      For some reason, this matter has become rather
> ugly and personal.  I
> don't know why--the absence was already excused, but
> ok.   But I don't want
> this to hamper our progress.  So while I cannot change
> the records without
> the board's approval, I can submit this motion to move
> us forward.  I hope
> we can go forward without personal matters clouding
the